University Student!

Anty, you're right, he's still working until 29 August with Daimler-Benz in Hamburg, then he'll spend a week in Northern-Ireland in early September (fishing), and after that we must prepare his move. He already applied for a room in one of the residence halls in Greifswald, but they said he'd have to present them this "Immatrikulationsbescheinigung" (I admit, this word is on the way to being one of the longer ones...) until they could further work on his application. So that's what he has to mail to them on Monday, first thing - after work. And then again we'll hope for the best ... and prepare his move later in September... :cry: ... times are changing ...

Had she first said "10 January"? :D
I know ... Americans (and Canadians, for that matter) must find our way of putting dates as confusing as I find the American way ... I always have to turn things around in my mind :D

I edited before your post, too! So there. :greenpbl:
Don't think I haven't noticed this sort of behaviour - I'd not normally associate Canadians with such Spanish practices, however, for you, I'll have to make an exception... :mrgreen:

No, I had originally asked when he started, but then scrolled back up and saw the date on the document, so corrected my post within about 15 seconds.

who on earth would start a date with the month??

The Americans, apparently.

I personally put the month in the middle, like the Europeans do. I think that's generally how we do it in Canada, but am not 100% certain

The Americans, apparently.

I personally put the month in the middle, like the Europeans do. I think that's generally how we do it in Canada, but am not 100% certain

I know, I know ... ;) .. just it is always confusing me ;)

Anyone who does anything with computer files soon learns that dating things YYYY/MM/DD is so much better for sequencing the damn things - seems to make sense to organise things in order of significance (I did get O' Level maths, so I understand these things)

Anyone who does anything with computer files soon learns that dating things YYYY/MM/DD is so much better for sequencing the damn things - seems to make sense to organise things in order of significance (I did get O' Level maths, so I understand these things)

YYYY_MM_DD_ is actually the way I sequence my image folders ;)

Corinna, I'll come back in 4 months and decipher your orignal post. :p

(I start my German class in 9 days! I can't wait!)

Corry, wow!
But like I was saying in Post 10, the only things that really need to be "decyphered" (or not?) are "university", "matriculation", "geology" and "palaeontology", "first semester" and "Bachelor of Science" ;)

Most reactions

Back