Unknown? ID help please

WildBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbillsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These birds had nested on the roof of the shop where I work. This day the Crows were on the attack and the parents some how moved then to the ground. Sadly two of three did not make it to the nex day, and I could not find the third or the parents either, so I hope the last one made it. The parents would take turns playing hurt when ever someone or thing got to close to the young.

DSC_6296.jpg

DSC_6306.jpg

DSC_6311.jpg

DSC_6312.jpg

DSC_6321.jpg

DSC_6326.jpg

DSC_6330.jpg

DSC_6331.jpg

This is the same type of bird I found at my morning stop.

DSC_6865.jpg

Anybody have any idea what bird this is?

Thank's for looking,
Bill

nice shots!

i think your bird is a kildeer. they build a nest on small pebbles. i have seen them nest on the roof of the building i work in and in gravel driveways.

they are really good at the trailing wing act when you get near its nest!

i am suprised to see them with young this early.

luck!

i was going to say sandpiper too, that's what i thought it was, but i googled both sandpiper and kildeer, and it looks more like the kildeer. nice series... i like the chicks. great captures. :thumbup:

Aww, I hope the last of the nest made it! These are nice. I have never seen them in the wild here. Though I am sure they exist. But when do I ever see birds, other than those in cages? ;)

Thank's for the ID help. I heard some of them flying at my oldest daughter's softball game last night. Since taking these shots I don't think I will ever forget their crys.

Bill

Most reactions

New Topics

Back