What's new

Untitled

Sorry guys, I don't get this. It got 9 likes (as of now), so I'm guessing it's me...and I mean that sincerely. To me, it doesn't convey anything (other than may be a depiction of the harshness of winter) and even technically it doesn't even seem balanced, which is really the most fundamental thing. The only appealing thing I see is that it has the nice blue/orange complementary colors, but that's about it. Could the OP or someone else please explain why this image works? Again, I'm not in the least bit being sarcastic, really curious to learn (and hope will educate other poor souls like me on the forum).

It's the repetition of pattern, the repeated motif of parallel lines, that ties it together. If anything does. It looks more like an exercise in pattern and line than anything else. I agree that the crop is problematic, the frame doesn't feel right to me either and I don't think any of the edits have really cracked the code on that. Not even sure the code is crackable. OP's square crop, breaking up into 3x3 regions, seems like the best bet, but it didn't make it really go, for me.
 
I like the image and with some hesitation; the hesitation is that the center of attraction(the window) is at the center of the image itself!!! you could have saved the situation only if the staircase were more slanted, which you cannot do anything about; with a contextual presumed permission i post my edit, which is my personal choice only; hope you bear with this ;)

Thank you for taking the time to crop this, Frequency. I feel that this crop is... claustrophobic! But that's probably because I got used to the previous crops. Cheers.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom