What's new

Untitled

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
520
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a cruise around town today. Yay for walking through waist deep snow. lol. Thawing out now as I sort through the shots. I decided to keep my 10-22 on for the whole trek. I need to learn it's sweet spot. There were a few times I wanted to swap out for another...but I forced myself to leave it on. :-)


8462970934_c20265c990_c.jpg
 
Nice! COLD! Hope you didn't freeze off any important body parts! I Think you should go back... I want to see that tree in the background, backlit like that.. full frame! ;) lol!
 
lol. It didn't start getting cold till the end of my journey. Hopefully I got some cool shots. Already I can tell that some of them are the type that look really cool on person, not so much in a photo. we'll see.
 
Here is another from that same spot, different angle. I snapped quite a few in there as those ice formations were pretty neat. I was tyring to keep the golden tone of the sun on them instead of the cold blue you would typcially get from ice and snow.

I was standing in about thigh high snow to take these at this spot. The light caught my eye and I said to myself "self...get your azz in there and see what ya get...won't get crap from the road here" lol, so in I went. I took a quick video of the rocks and deathcicles, might upload it to my youtube in a bit. Took it in case my photos don't give the perspective of the area.



8463042014_8f3e0de6f0_c.jpg
 
"deathcicles" :lol:

Yeah, I would have that kind of reaction too.

Very nice. Hopefully you didn't get too soaked when you went into the snow underneath that frozen waterfall. After all, we don't need another ice adventure like Tee's, do we?
What does that place look like when it's in the morning sun?
 
"deathcicles" :lol:

Yeah, I would have that kind of reaction too.

Very nice. Hopefully you didn't get too soaked when you went into the snow underneath that frozen waterfall. After all, we don't need another ice adventure like Tee's, do we?
What does that place look like when it's in the morning sun?

Funny you mention Tee, 'cause I thought of him often when out and about today.

When I went under there, is when I got soaked. Mostly it was all dry snow, and it did not dawn on me until after...since that was dripping, the snow around it was all soaking wet snow. Once I walked out of that area I was soaked from the knees down...so I headed home from there.

Unfortunately, that area is no good for morning sun. sun comes up on left side, and goes left to right behind all of that, so it never gets any light directly on it. Always just backlit from various angles.
 
Nice shot(s), although I prefer the first to the second
 
I really like the last two. Glad you posted them.
But I am also really enjoying the hint of warm sunshine peeking in on the first.

Winter, to me, is so much more pleasant when viewed in photos. I absolutely hate the cold. And as much as I hate it, I did the same thing as you yesterday. Just wading through my shots now.

Those icicles are mighty menacing. Wouldn't want to be hanging around here when the frost starts to thaw. :)
 
:-) Ty.

They were dripping a bit...I was going to get under some of them for odd perspectives...but they were dripping and just my luck one would fall on me and kill me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom