Untitled

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Classic scene! I've seen this picture made before...in the 1920's...in the 1930's...in the 1950's...in the 1980's...it's an INSTANT classic. Well-done. So,so,so minimalist, and yet so complete.I simply love the many small specular highlights on the pond's surface on the far right.

OP
sleist

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks Derrel!

SCraig

Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like it as well, which says a lot since I don't like black and white.

The only thing I don't like is the bicycle. The tree balances the man on the left side, but for some reason the bicycle seems to unbalance it again. If I were to see it without the tree I might not like it as well as I think I would but I think it would be better balanced.

PropilotBW

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
It is nice! I don't mind the bicycle; however, with it brought to attention, how would it look leaning against the tree?

OP
sleist

sleist

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like it as well, which says a lot since I don't like black and white.

The only thing I don't like is the bicycle. The tree balances the man on the left side, but for some reason the bicycle seems to unbalance it again. If I were to see it without the tree I might not like it as well as I think I would but I think it would be better balanced.

I saw this as well, but the bike adds more than it takes away I think. I took maybe 4 shots from different perspectives. There was one I liked better with respect to balance and the bike, but the specular highlights that Derrel likes so much were overpowering in that composition.

Thank you for the comment. :)

OP
sleist

sleist

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
It is nice! I don't mind the bicycle; however, with it brought to attention, how would it look leaning against the tree?

This was a candid shot of a stranger. Not an option I'm afraid.

SCraig

Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw this as well, but the bike adds more than it takes away I think. I took maybe 4 shots from different perspectives. There was one I liked better with respect to balance and the bike, but the specular highlights that Derrel likes so much were overpowering in that composition.

Thank you for the comment. :)
Fair enough. As long as you were aware of it and preferred it this way that's what matters. I sometimes tend to get tunnel-vision on my shots and not even notice things like that.

OP
sleist

sleist

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I sometimes tend to get tunnel-vision on my shots and not even notice things like that.

Me too. ;)

That's why I let some shots sit awhile before I edit them. Too often I come back to shots and say "WTF was I thinking?".

Most reactions

New Topics