What's new

Untitled

Waiting for class bump. Does this one suck and I'm just too subjective?
 
Suck is subjective. :)

The title doesn't give much of a clue, but I *think* it's a leaf on asphalt?

The processing may be pushed just a tad too far for this particular image. More of a differentiation in the texture between these two things would add some visual interest, imo. Hope that helps.
 
Zero processing on this one ;)

A leaf on a frosted glass table with a flash underneath the table firing straight up.
 
I feel sort of like I'm looking thru a grain scope, or maybe at something thru a microscope. Maybe more of the leaf showing? That seems more interesting than the grayish part of the image because the leaf has some line and pattern. I almost feel like I want to step back a little, like I'm in too close, maybe keep playing with the idea.
 
I feel sort of like I'm looking thru a grain scope, or maybe at something thru a microscope. Maybe more of the leaf showing? That seems more interesting than the grayish part of the image because the leaf has some line and pattern. I almost feel like I want to step back a little, like I'm in too close, maybe keep playing with the idea.

Thanks for the ideas :) I don't know why, but for some reason, I like the gray space, but like I said, I'm probably too subjective.

I will try a reshoot again tomorrow!
 
Suck is subjective. :) The title doesn't give much of a clue, but I *think* it's a leaf on asphalt? The processing may be pushed just a tad too far for this particular image. More of a differentiation in the texture between these two things would add some visual interest, imo. Hope that helps.

What she said;)
 
Nice patterns and colors, and I see why your eye was drawn here, but turning what grabs your attention into a photograph is the real challenge... and I don't think you so much fell short of the challenge here, as didn't see that there probably wasn't a way to render that particular scene in a way that works as a photograph.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom