Upgrade for video?

Mooseontheloose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
So I have a d80 and I recently purchased a sony hdr-hc9 video camera. I only really got it because it was a great deal though. I need a camcorder for some short videos I'm making but I don't really like that the hc9 uses tapes instead of memory cards. My thoughts were in selling both cameras and upgrading to a d90 so I can shoot video and take pictures on one device. Is this a good idea? I've heard that the d90's video capabilities aren't that great and that a dedicated video camera will be much better. It would just be so much easier if I could use one camera for both. Opinions?

Hi,
So I have a d80 and I recently purchased a sony hdr-hc9 video camera. I only really got it because it was a great deal though. I need a camcorder for some short videos I'm making but I don't really like that the hc9 uses tapes instead of memory cards. My thoughts were in selling both cameras and upgrading to a d90 so I can shoot video and take pictures on one device. Is this a good idea? I've heard that the d90's video capabilities aren't that great and that a dedicated video camera will be much better. It would just be so much easier if I could use one camera for both. Opinions?

I'm not a fan of Nikon's "older" video enabled DSLRs. They'll let you shoot 720p @ 24fps, iirc and that's it. There's no 1080p on them and even the newer ones can't match Canon for video options. The only thing the D7000 has going for it is real time AF while recording.

IMO... 1 camera for photos and another for videos. All in one is the worst idea IMO. I have the D90 and I would rather buy a hard drive video camera than use my D90.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Back