What's new

Upgrade Shock! (D7000)

flatflip

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
555
Reaction score
10
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wow! I got my new D7000 w/ kit 18-105 yesterday. I love my D40 so much I almost didn't get the D7000. I'm gonna love having all the bigger and better features and hope to use them all.

The shock is the size difference. The D40 has made spoiled me. I wish my newer, larger, more expensive camera had an equally better neck strap. Maybe it's not a neck strap at all.
 
Get a Tamrac or Lowepro strap. Much better and quick connects to remove when not needed. And congrats on your new D7000. I have one and am very well satisfied.
 
Last edited:
Get a Tamrac or Lowepro strap. Much better and quick connects to remove when not needed. And congrats on your new D7000. I have one and am very well satisfied.

Looked at both. Thanks for the tip. I ordered a Tamrac Neoprene w/ quick connects. Also ordered a multi-coated UV Protective filter, a rocket air-blaster, an SB-400 w/ diffuser (already have an SB-600).

Last week I got a Lowepro Fastpack 100. I'm liking it since I don't carry much stuff. The D7000 kit fits OK. I mainly got it for carrying my D40 on vacation treks so I'll be looking for a classic bag for the D7000.
 
Welcome to the club! Now go take some amazing pictures! Look into the firmware version if you need it. Helps with the hot pixels in video.
 
Welcome to the club! Now go take some amazing pictures! Look into the firmware version if you need it. Helps with the hot pixels in video.

I think I looked at the firmware and it was;

1.0
1.0
1.1

Does that make sense? I haven't tried the video yet and I haven't even saved a pic to my computer yet.
 
You only need the SD card... You download the firmware update, extract it, then copy it to an SD card that you formatted on your camera.

Go to 'Firmware' and select update, follow the instructions.
Turn off the camera when done.
Remove SD cards.
Verify firmware version.
Turn off camera and insert SD cards.
Format card that had the update on it.

Instructions are on the download site as well.
 
You only need the SD card... You download the firmware update, extract it, then copy it to an SD card that you formatted on your camera.

Go to 'Firmware' and select update, follow the instructions.
Turn off the camera when done.
Remove SD cards.
Verify firmware version.
Turn off camera and insert SD cards.
Format card that had the update on it.

Instructions are on the download site as well.

Thanks, I'll do that.
 
Thank You 'Light Artisan' and 'rainking'. I got the firmware update completed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom