What's new

Upgrade Shock! (D7000)

Wow! I got my new D7000 w/ kit 18-105 yesterday. I love my D40 so much I almost didn't get the D7000. I'm gonna love having all the bigger and better features and hope to use them all.

The shock is the size difference. The D40 has made spoiled me. I wish my newer, larger, more expensive camera had an equally better neck strap. Maybe it's not a neck strap at all.

I have a camo Crumpler Industry Disgrace strap. It's comfortable and no one knows I'm wearing a strap when I'm in the jungle or hiding in the bushes.
 
Wow! I got my new D7000 w/ kit 18-105 yesterday. I love my D40 so much I almost didn't get the D7000. I'm gonna love having all the bigger and better features and hope to use them all.

The shock is the size difference. The D40 has made spoiled me. I wish my newer, larger, more expensive camera had an equally better neck strap. Maybe it's not a neck strap at all.

I have a camo Crumpler Industry Disgrace strap. It's comfortable and no one knows I'm wearing a strap when I'm in the jungle or hiding in the bushes.

I like camo. Thanks Donkey (may I call you dondey?;))
 
OK, I'm down to one digital camera in my arsenal. I sold my D40 yesterday on craigslist after about 12 hrs. When I got my D7000 I decided I can now carry my D40 everywhere because it's only a backup and will not hurt as much if something happens to it. That backfired because I only ever used the D40 and never used the D7000. Now I've fixed that. Hope we see some pics soon.
 
I'm jealous, the D7000 sounds like a great camera. The talk was this replaced the D90 (which I have) but I'm struggling to see where the D300 fits in now.
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the D7000 purchase. I was really tempted at the photo store today. Really a nice camera. I just can't see the point of an upgrade yet....


As far as straps, I use the Black Rapid R-Strap. Walked around all day with my 70-200 on it, and had no problems. Very comfortable and user friendly.

-Andy
 
Thanks for the link. I watched one of the videos so far. Very cool system. I think I could get used to that.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I am thankful for the ways and means to have more camera than I need.

I got a neoprene Tamron to try but I liked it on my Pentax K1000 much better. I love it on there. Last week I ordered a Crumpler Industry Disgrace to try, so we'll see. I need a neck strap because I don't trust my shoulder to hold my camera safely.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom