Upgrade time???

Sharksledge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have owned my d40x for 3 years now and i absolutly love the thing i just feel like i need something more out of it and was wondering if i should go up to a d200 ive been looking and can get a good used one for about 500 or should i go with a d80 which imo is a glorified d40x so its not like its better any help is greatly appreciated

Unless there is something really glaring that your D40 isn't doing for you I would suggest keeping it and upgrading your lenses. Bodies come and go like cars, but good glass tends to stick around quite well.

Auto bracketing fps (i know it isnt going to help me in anything) all of the options on the camera instead of in menus little things but if i can sell my body for 350 i think i could swing a better camera

Sounds better if you jsut say you want a new one. Do more than the president or congress has to help stimulate the economy, go get a new one.

Thanks tony thats another reason i really do want a new one and it would help the economy

I quit trying to justify getting new things a long time ago, I just figure in the cost of the jewelery my wife will want along with the cost of the toys I want.

I could justify this if i could sell my d40 for like 350 i think it has a real low shutter count if anyone knows anybody that wants a d40x let me know it needs to be sold before august as im going on vacation ill check shuuter count tomarrow though

Sharksledge said:
I could justify this if i could sell my d40 for like 350

Good luck with that. I just sold an old D80 of mine a few weeks ago for $275 (body only) and it had barely any use (8,000ish actuations).

Hell, if you can get $350 for it, more power to ya! If you live near a big city, try Craigslist.

Honestly though, going from a D40x to a D80 isn't really a worthy upgrade. Look at a D300 used. They can be had for around 700ish-900 depending on how much a cheapskate the seller is.

Best of luck with the sale!

Most reactions

Back