upgrade to d80 would u

archer379

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last easter i bought a d40 on a tight budget and never really liked it so i have decided to upgrade to the d80. Is this a smart move

Last easter i bought a d40 on a tight budget and never really liked it so i have decided to upgrade to the d80. Is this a smart move

What did you "not really like about it"?. Buying a D80 isnt going to make your pictures look any different.

What you should do is sit in a quiet place for a while and think, do I NEED it, or do I WANT it. that helped me to get all my gear, but for me it was Want lol. But as for the body the XSI is enough for me so think about if you need a better body.

I've got my D40 and have thought about getting something better. But I just didn't see myself spending more $$$ on a new body when the one I have takes great pictures.

So I've opted to keep it and look at getting better lenses and get into lighting.

What don't you like about the D40?

ok change of plans i found the d80 for around 700 before tax however i found a 4 year old d200 for 875 should i go used d200 or new d80

D200 is a better camera than the D80, no question. As long as you're comfortable that the D200 is in good shape and hasn't been over-used or otherwise abused, go for the d200.

I would upgrade to a D70s and save up for a D90 or D200. The D70s has the most important features of the D80, and it has CF support.

^^ D70 has NOTHING on either a D80 or a D200. The D90, while certainly nicer than the D80, isn't really that much better.

What about D90? It opens up many more creative possibilities, not the least of which is af motor.

the big nikon price bump...ugh. (plus, archer seems to be in canada so maybe that's a variable)

personally, and im biased as a d40 owner/lover, i would keep the 40 and invest in better glass.

like others, i would be interested to hear how the d40 is failing you.

I would upgrade to a D70s and save up for a D90 or D200. The D70s has the most important features of the D80, and it has CF support.
i got your back D70 users unite :lmao:
The D70/D70s would really be be the best upgrade because of how cheap. I bet there only thing that they really want by upgrading in the internal AF motor which the D70/s has. There is really no reason to spend more for the same thing. You could then use that extra money to get some better glass

ok change of plans i found the d80 for around 700 before tax however i found a 4 year old d200 for 875 should i go used d200 or new d80
4 year old D200 for $875? Best Buy has the D200 online new for $599.

Most reactions

Back