Upgrade to D80?

Redwookie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Right now im shooting with a D100 and im thinking of upgrading to the D80 am I going to notice much of a diffrence in quality. How many diffrent options would I have using the D80 compared to the D100?

Thanks for the help
Red.

D80 vs D100 side by side.

Short version:
More MP
100 & 3200 ISO
Newer AF system (CAM1000 vs CAM900)
Color Metering II
Orientation sensor
remote via the IR remote

Most of that, you won't notice. You'll probably notice the more plastic construction of the D80, vs the more solid D100 though

If you have been using a D100, take a long look at the D200. I'm just saying...

mike

I agree with this if you go from a D100 to a D80 you will notice a very big difference in the construction of the 2 cameras. You need to make sure that you at least hold the D80 before you decide to make the switch personally I would save a little more money and go to the D200.

I've got a D100 and I still haven't upgraded to the D200 despite all the hype. The D80 feels like a cheap toy after using a D100 for a long time and isn't even an option. Twice I've been to the point where I was thinking I'd been to harsh on the D80, and then picked one up again and realized I wasn't. Better camera? Yes, but definitely take the above advice and go play with one before buying online. I think I'll just wait on the D200. The D100 does well.

Most reactions

Back