Upgrading for video.....

thepilgrimsdream

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been shooting weddings as a secondary shooter, I've been asked to jump into video world and have really been realizing the need for a second body for video (I borrow a 40d, 50d or a d7000 as backup).

My gear
5d mk2
135L
85 1.8
28-70 2.8L
17-40 f4L

I am realizing my need for better low light performance than my zooms with my body can offer me.

I am considering either a 5d mark iii or second 5d mark ii with a 50 1.2.

I would love a 35 1.4 or 85 1.2

What would you do?

The 5D Mark III is great so I won't say anything to back you down from that choice but have you looked into the 6D. It has much better high ISO performance than the 5DII and is roughly the same or cheaper. I am no pro though.

The new 70D, announced to day and on sale in September, sounds like it's THE video body, with a new autofocus system giving hugely improved autofocus in video mode.

The new 70D, announced to day and on sale in September, sounds like it's THE video body, with a new autofocus system giving hugely improved autofocus in video mode.

Honestly I don't want to get a crop sensor cause eventually I plan on shooting all primes and it would mess up my focal lengths

I like to shoot my primes wide open in daylight so the 6d's 1/4000 of a second seems limiting to me and I am invested in cf cards and 5d mk2 accessories. I am still considering a 6d, it is temping, but I think I might want to stick with the 5d series

sounds like you've already made up your mind to get the 5DIII

Most reactions

New Topics

Back