Upgrading lights

The flooring is a piece of remnant from a hardware store. The 6'x8' piece cost $25.

I am fighting with my space. It is taking over my shop space.

I can feel for you on space. I have to move a vehicle out of the garage to set up. I try to combine shots because it's such a pain to set up and take down. I'd love to have a dedicated space.

I've found a few remnants that made decent flooring. One problem I've run into on the sheet vinyl is getting them to lay flat. I also run into the issue of what to do where the background meets the floor. Putting it under the flooring doesn't quite look right, and using a fake baseboard doesn't look quite right either.

The flooring is a piece of remnant from a hardware store. The 6'x8' piece cost $25.

I am fighting with my space. It is taking over my shop space.

I can feel for you on space. I have to move a vehicle out of the garage to set up. I try to combine shots because it's such a pain to set up and take down. I'd love to have a dedicated space.

I've found a few remnants that made decent flooring. One problem I've run into on the sheet vinyl is getting them to lay flat. I also run into the issue of what to do where the background meets the floor. Putting it under the flooring doesn't quite look right, and using a fake baseboard doesn't look quite right either.

I have only shot a little bit. The laminate I have has a thicker, almost padded back, and once it is laid out for a few minutes it seems to flatten right out.

On my images where I let the backdrop flow forward, vs coming down to the floor and making s sharp turn forward, I do not find it is an issue. It seems to flow together better that way. If i do get the floor from a high angel, or with lots of light, the same can be less than desirable.

Most reactions

Back