Upgrading SONY SLR camera, Advice?

HASSELBLAD UBER ALLES :hail::hail::hail:

Maybe you would be interested in the "New" Hasselblad HV for $11,500 (re-badged Sony A99)

Official: Hasselblad HV A-mount camera launched! Costs $11,500! | sonyalpharumors

I have a better idea. Buy a99, rebadge it as the Hasselblad HV.

Why the hell... What's happening to Hasselblad? They're turning into a two bit rebrander... This Stellar thing looks like it's just a rebranded Sony too, I think. Not sure about the Lunar.

Hasselblad's Swedish, and yes, that's German, because why not.

As for studio... Depends on what you use. I rarely use my Hasselblad stuff in a studio. I only shoot with my Oly (soon to be a Nikon through magic) in my studio. I use my 1600f for street photography, landscapes, my son, macro, and basically an all-around, all purpose camera if I want all 6x6 shots (no chance using it for sports as the focus ring is way too slow), and my 2000FC/M for staying put on a shelf because of ripped shutter curtain photography. :lol:

Enjoy your a77. I hear a lot of good stuff about those things.

Some pro are very happy with the a77.

Sony has pro lenses too...
I am sure they are but if you need to shoot in low light sutuation the a77 is not at its best, no crop sensor camera is at its best.
A pro need to have the best equipment to do its job, you cant tell your client Ahhh sorry but I dont have enough light to take the shot or you take the shot with high ISO and get a very grainy picture.

I think a serious pro needs a full frame camera and maybe have a crop sensor camera as a backup or second body.

A few years ago, one of the editors of Popular Photography indicated in the magazine that related to the photos submitted for their articles, they no longer noticed any quality difference between crop sensor and full frame shots.

A few years ago, one of the editors of Popular Photography indicated in the magazine that related to the photos submitted for their articles, they no longer noticed any quality difference between crop sensor and full frame shots.

I think there IS a difference when there is bad (little) light; I own a Sony A77, and I got my hands on a A99 a while back (I work for Sony, so I took the A99 sample hom for about a week to play with it), and the difference in low light/high ISO is DRASTIC. With good light, the A77 will make AWESOME pictures, but the A99 blows it out of the water in poor lighting conditions. Can't speak for the other brands, but there IS a difference there...

I still prefer the A77, and it is STILL the camera that best suits my needs (cost, fps, pop-up flash to control off camera flash, etc.), but the A99 does have an advantage in certain situations...

Most reactions

Back