What's new

Upgrading to D90 from D60?

Amerino28

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am debating on whether or not to sell my d60 body or full kit to purchase the Nikon D90... Is this even worth the effort? If I sell my Nikon D60 kit for the Nikon d90 body can I get by in the mean time with just my AF-S 50mm 1.4? Or should I just keep the 18-55 lens and just sell the D60 body? Thanks!
 
How is the D60 restricting your photography?
 
Having gone from a D40 to a D80 (still have the D40 though) I wouldn't try to argue that the D90 isn't an upgrade from the D60 since it is, if only by a little bit to some people. The external buttons for basic functions alone might be worth the upgrade (plus there's more customization and you can AF older lenses etc.).

As for the lens question, unless you tend to shoot mostly at or around that 50mm point with your 50mm lens or kit lens, you probably won't be happy with just the 50mm lens. I personally (if I were willing to get rid of a camera other than by "lending" it to a friend or relative) would sell the D60 with kit lens and buy the D90 with the 18-105VR, since you might have a better time selling the D60 with the lens rather than without, even though you might not get much more for it plus, based on what I've read, the 18-105VR seems to be a better lens than the 18-55VR and the longer zoom would be great in many situations where the 18-55 runs short (can't count the number of times that's happened). You could also sell the 50/1.4 but I wouldn't since it's just too good a lens to get rid of unless you never use it (and if it were the 50/1.8, you wouldn't get much back for it anyway).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom