What's new

Upgrading

rjackjames

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
988
Reaction score
1
Location
South Korea
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am debating on getting rid of my 30D and upgrade too the 1D MarkIV or the 5D MII. I have gotten real big into the wildlife photography. Being in Alaska wildlife is abundant every where. The landscapes are beautiful too here so the FF would be perfect for landscapes. which one would chose for too do both wildlife and landscapes. I have the 50D which i plan too use as a back up.
 
I am debating on getting rid of my 30D and upgrade too the 1D MarkIV or the 5D MII. I have gotten real big into the wildlife photography. Being in Alaska wildlife is abundant every where. The landscapes are beautiful too here so the FF would be perfect for landscapes. which one would chose for too do both wildlife and landscapes. I have the 50D which i plan too use as a back up.
Scratch the 1D MKIV then because it's not FF, it's APS-H and has a 1.3x crop factor.
 
I am debating on getting rid of my 30D and upgrade too the 1D MarkIV or the 5D MII. I have gotten real big into the wildlife photography. Being in Alaska wildlife is abundant every where. The landscapes are beautiful too here so the FF would be perfect for landscapes. which one would chose for too do both wildlife and landscapes. I have the 50D which i plan too use as a back up.
Scratch the 1D MKIV then because it's not FF, it's APS-H and has a 1.3x crop factor.

Yeah I am more leaning toward the 5D MII too. I know the 1DMKIV would be awesome because it sold me on the fast IQ n performance. with a great super telephoto lens be perfect for wildlife.
 
I had the same decision to make after a trip to Alaska last year. I needed to upgrade my 30D body as I found that I needed better ISO performance as well as higher pixel resolution for those crops I was forced to make (since I can't afford a 500 or 600mm wildlife lens). I went with the 7D and have been very happy with that choice.
 
I had the same decision to make after a trip to Alaska last year. I needed to upgrade my 30D body as I found that I needed better ISO performance as well as higher pixel resolution for those crops I was forced to make (since I can't afford a 500 or 600mm wildlife lens). I went with the 7D and have been very happy with that choice.

Same thing for me, Alaska is way too beautiful. I cant afford the 500 or 600mm lens but i am thinking of getting the 300mm and a 1.4x teleconverter with the 5DMII would be perfect also. As of right now everything is planning, n budgeting getting the best.
 
I think the rapid frame-rate of the 7D makes it a very nice wildlife lens. It handles landscapes very nicely -- and works great with my UWA lens.
 
I think the rapid frame-rate of the 7D makes it a very nice wildlife lens. It handles landscapes very nicely -- and works great with my UWA lens.

Yea The 7D seems like a remarkable body.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom