What's new

Urban Decay C& C

revenater

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
261
Reaction score
22
Location
Rogers AR
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Urban Decay photo due for my local photography club this is one shot I have please C&C. Also let me know if there is anything I should do in post to improve. Thanks $Urban Decay 1.webp
 
I personally don't care for a straight on shot of old barns. I like a possible 45* angle off the front to capture the slanted roof. Most of those old roofs are made of tin and you get lots of character added to the photo in that rust.

My personal opinion though. But I do like the shot.
 
This looks more like "rural" decay to me...
 
Doesn't really look like Decay, since the lawn is obviously kept up, and whatsuch. I would recoment a diferent persepctive than just head on as well.

I hope you don't mind, but I took a moment to make some quickie adjustments. Consider the source though.... I'm neither an artist or a photographer.

I cropped out most of the image, and cloned in some grass to make it look more overrun....

Urban2-1.jpg


Or you could go with a B&W conversion.

urban1.jpg


Just some food for thought. But all things considered, if it were me, I would go for a more unique perspective. Get down on the ground, or in the Jeep or something......Take 40 different shots, then pick your favorite.

EDIT.... you beat me to it with the picture you posted above this so it seems you took a bunch of shots...... but it seems really oversaturated. That aside, I like them.
 
I like the jeep. I know guys that would buy it in a heartbeat as is to be able to restore it.
 
Maybe not decay but neglect. As I like to say when I don't feel like mowing the grass, I'll let things take on the "natural" look for awhile.

Go for contrasty areas of rust, filth and burned microwave popcorn bags. :mrgreen:
 
BuS_RiDeR
Thats a good idea
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom