Urban Shooting - C & C Please :)

genital_apparatus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a drive around Toronto today, shot some stuff in the city, would like your opinions on some of my shots. Here goes:

18_12_10_08_10_32_17.jpg

#1: I didn't have a particular subject in mind when I took this photograph, I just liked the way the buildings clashed against each other. I removed the colour from one of the buildings in the hopes of generating some interest, but I'm not sure how I did.

18_12_10_08_10_29_00.jpg

#2: I really liked the idea behind this shot, but it really looks like I did a bad job focusing it. I'm not sure if it's because of the reflection or because I really didn't focus properly. Criticism here would be much appreciated.

18_12_10_08_10_33_12.jpg

#3: My favourite photograph from today. When I walked up to this building I had a feeling I would make something interesting out of it.

#3 is awesome.
LOVELOVELOVELOVE the color.
I love the reflection of the crane.
I just love that picture.

i like 2 a lot because of how even you made the sky and the water; the photo is almost divided between the reflection and the real image. It does look a little blurry but someone could probably help you with photoshop. or you could try the shot again

3 is great, nothing can be done to make it better in my opinion

and for 1, in my personal opinion, making a picture half black and white and half color always looks a little tacky. The lines are great in it, so let those be those focus, not one particular building over the other.

these are all really good, great work

Yeah 3 is a total winner. The angles, the lines, the intersection of different lines in the reflections, the colors, the reflection of the crane. Absolutely nailed that one.

The others didn't excite me too much, but that one was a winner.

Hey all, thanks a lot for looking!

With regards to #1: Like I said, I didn't really have a subject when I chose this photograph. I just sort of liked the way the buildings intersected within the viewfinder. Does the photograph absolutely need to have some sort of subject (i.e. person, object, animal), or are the buildings themselves enough of a subject to be photo-worthy?

I'm going to re-shoot #2 for myself, because I'm personally dissatisfied with the lack of focus. :grumpy:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back