USA East Coast Lunar Shots

logan9967

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's my results. I threw in a sqaure image, it made a clean crop. Comments and suggestions please :D

2281168510_6696e63feb_b.jpg

2280378069_8926062221_b.jpg

2281167852_d4b35334ba_b.jpg

I know they are kind of blurry, these are the jpegs I didn't check the RAW's yet.
I was using my 75-300mm and my extension tube for most of them. The square one might of been with my 28-75mm.

I was up between 2:45am and 3:45am trying to get photos of the lunar eclipse, but it was too cloudy.

I think I got around 5 shots (had to use exposures of between 20-30 seconds!) but I think only 2 of these are any good.

As for your shots, I like your second one, nicely caught!

David

I think your 2nd one had just a little too long of a shutter speed. I did one at 4 seconds and the moon was all blurry. I think my best with the red moon came with a 1 second exposure at f/5.6 and iso 400.

But good shots though. We can all try again in 3 years.

I think your 2nd one had just a little too long of a shutter speed. I did one at 4 seconds and the moon was all blurry. I think my best with the red moon came with a 1 second exposure at f/5.6 and iso 400.

But good shots though. We can all try again in 3 years.
Yeah, hopefully it won't be 0 degrees F out in 3 years. That was COLD last night!

I never did try ISO 400. I shoot the moon normally at ISO 64 and around 1/640 shutter or so. I had no idea what to use with an eclipse. My best turned out at 2 seconds, f/3.5 (not a dSLR, smaller apertures don't shoot well at all without full sunlight), and ISO 100. It was quite blurry. I didn't know what to expect though.

Disregarding the eclipse, I do like that last shot with only the lit moon exposed.

I found it very hard to do. I was using a 300mm lens at about 5.6-8. I realized later that open = better for the moon, otherwise there was too much motion blur.

i had my tripod, and yet most of mine were blurry. I would set the camera timer and walk away. It could of been from the wind. Thanks for the feedback :D

Oh yeah, I will check out the RAW's later and see if I can clean up anything better. Maybe play with some Unsharp masks and things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back