User, settings or technical issue (focus)

Used prices do not reflect the quality of a lens. Optically is it a very good lens, it build is consumer grade. But then I have used the lens since it does work with my gear.

Used prices do not reflect the quality of a lens. Optically is it a very good lens, it build is consumer grade. But then I have used the lens since it does work with my gear.

umm ... yeah .. don't worry, be happy !

I was able to get out for some hiking this passed weekend and based on the tips here the results are mostly better. The flash especially helped. I still have a number of images that aren't sharp, but the percentage of overall images that are good is higher than what I'd normally get. I'm optimistic.

Analyzing the images that arent very good I found that the lighting was such that I had to go to iso over 1000 or much wider apertures, even with the flash, to get a good shutter speed. I'll have to work on handling these types of highly contrasty and shadowy scenes that often happen under the cover of trees. The balance is hard to find as far as camera settings and sharpness go.

Thanks again all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back