Uses for IPad

Tami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I get mine about 2 weeks ago and it is great... I was out the other day and had a person say "I wish I could see your work" my reply "darn it me too..."

Oh wait that is right I have it right here in my purse, any and all the portfolio that you want... pulled it out and we went over a few diff. things that I do...

WOW factor :lmao:

I am looking at the Model contract sign App.

You can pull your IPad out and have a model sign right there before the shoot, no papers getting wet or waded up or lost.

Does anybody have input on this?
and what are you all using it for?

Ipad your back, you pad mine OK?

Is it still legal binding if not original signature on paper?

You never buy any packages online do you. :lmao:

More importantly is it still legally binding if your signature looks nothing like it does on paper due to the UPS man having that crappy little PDA for you to sign on? :)

More importantly is it still legally binding if your signature looks nothing like it does on paper due to the UPS man having that crappy little PDA for you to sign on? :)

Those things are a mockery!
I mean come on nobody can write anything legible let alone a signature with one - can't understand why they use them since forging would be a breeze for any disreputable delivery person ;).

And there in lies the problem - a digital signature is legally binding (you've singed quite a few already by getting this far into a computer of your own most likely) - but they could also be contested. Further many people might not feel comfortable signing a document that can be "edited" at any time of the photographers choosing.

Based on that I'd say keep contracts on paper

^^ I always wonder that myself.... anyone can forge your sig on those lame things.

the dig. sign is legal and binding in a court of law.

as for the editing- if you are not honest I guess you could make changes, however one of the apps that I am looking at allows for email after sign to you and the model... and trust me if you show up in court and they are not exactly the same.. you are going down.

as for the signing looking or not looking right- that would dep. on the app, I have a couple that when I write on it, nope it does not look anything like is should.... however there are others that are perfect.... if you are only looking at the free app then sure you will not be looking at the best stuff out there.

there are quite a few people using the IPad for sign forms ie. realtors, brokers, photographers, pet sitters from what I can tell the list goes on and on...

If we all wanted to stay in the dark ages then we would still have film camera's... Oh that is right as I look at my desk there are 3 nikons dif. ages, 1 Olympus, 1 Canon digital and 1 Canon and 1 Olympus film.....

Now that Apple broke it with the new OS, the usb devices such as cameras and card readers don't work anymore. And they slam PCs.

ok... i wasnt completely accurate with my wording... Are digital signatures strong enough to withstand a contest in court?

Buying packages o line are one thing... for the most part the value of said package is nominal and probably insured from loss by large vendors. Here we are talking a model release which can by a royal pita legal snafu for a small independent photographer.

(i am firm believer that in the US, $$$ rules the court of the land... unfortunate but thats my view point.. hence the question.)

You can still use a card reader etc. expect it isn't as straight forward any more.

Use a powered USB hub, to act as the power source and it will work fine.

I digitally sign my taxes every year when I submit them online, I do not see why this wouldn't fall under the same rules.

I have a 3.X jail broken iPad. It can be used as a wifi hotspot, remote access into my computers, and all kinds of fun stuff.

I do use the model release app. I'm bad about making sure I have copies of documents handy, so it's much easier tossing the iPad in my bag when I go do shoots.

Plus the app I use also takes the models information like sex/race/height/phone number/e-mail and will mail PDF copies of the contract to me and the model. It's really a very handy app.

Most reactions

Back