UV / Fluorescent Printer ?

Timoris

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!

I am looking for a printer which can print with inks that fluoresce under UV / Black lights.
Alternatively, 3rd party ink cartridges which which can fit in a name brand off the shelf printers. Or Refills which do the same thing

I did see a few Chinese brands which go for over 1000$ USD, which is way out of my means.

IE: I want to print out photos like below in order to reproduce the same effect used when taking the pictures.

24491842130_4363d55f9b_z.jpg

[ADDED] I've also come across these empty cartridges for my Printer (HP 7525) and was wondering if there is a possibility that it works with these inks, which are essentially exactly what I am looking for.

They do note that they work with "Micro Piezo printheads (recommended for Epson and Brother printers)" - how seriously do I need to take this? Does the size of the ink molecules matter that much?

They say that Epson is "piezoelectric" how much difference is that from HP 7525 printheads? I can not seem to get any information about that.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Pictures like that can be printed with normal inks no problem.
If you shine UV light on many papers the paper itself will fluoresce. The problem might be more one of stopping fluorescence in the sections you want dark!

I've also come across these empty cartridges for my Printer (HP 7525) and was wondering if there is a possibility that it works with these inks, which are essentially exactly what I am looking for.

They do note that they work with "Micro Piezo printheads (recommended for Epson and Brother printers)" - how seriously do I need to take this? Does the size of the ink molecules matter that much?

They say that Epson is "piezoelectric" how much difference is that from HP 7525 printheads? I can not seem to get any information about that.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes. It does.
The nozzles in a piezoelectric print head squirt out something like pico (one trillionth) litre size droplets of ink.

How can I find the nozzle size of an HP 7525 printer head? I have not found it in any manual or Spec sheet.

What happens if the molecules are much smaller than what the print head is expecting?

Bigger I understand, like putting 0.7mm lead into a 0.5mm pencil, But in this case would smaller really matter?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back