UV Haze Filter

maXpower

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I'm going to be shooting sports outdoors. My question, is the UV filter usefull or not. I read somewhere that a filter should never be used due to more glare from the extra glass on the end of the lense. Any input?:)

For outdoor sports at lower altitudes, yeah, take it off. It will be a potential problem.

Just be sure not to lick the lens a lot without the UV filter on.

... what? :)

I use UV filter to protect lens. I am willing to sacrifice a bit of IQ for this protection - I've never seen a difference but then I do not sell my photo so am not too picky. Also I always use B&W's top of the line which probably help reduce flares and whatever else.

When you say "outdoor sports" - you are not thinking paintball are you? Regardless of IQ, I will always use filter for that.

Depends on the sports. I've had sand kicked into the lens before covering volleyball, got covered in mud at a football game once (none on the camera). Frankly even if the filter did cause a problem I'd still use it.

By the way, there's various grades of filters. Get a nice multicoated one and leave it on the lens. The cheap ones are the ones that give grown men nightmares. I can recommend Hoya SHMC for nice price / performance. Do NOT get a cheaper Hoya filter.

Why you don't link to your tutorial?

Don't be shy man. :D

Yup! Good tutorial! It's worthy of repeated linkings! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back