Valentine Schnauzers 2022

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The photos were taken in 3 sessions that were at the most 15 minutes each which included brushing, scarf and directing them into place. I had my settings dialed in and ready to go. The day before I took test shots with a large stuffed animal. The pups were watching me all week set up and that helps acclimate them to the set. Popped a few balloons accidently and it didn't seem to phase them.

Day 1 took the 3 photos and individual. Snickers and Quincy were groomed the day before and were rested from their 'spa' day. Oscar was groomed that morning and he looked hung over. I decided to retake his on Day 2.

Day 2 I was getting Oscar ready when Quincy jumped on the foot stool and would not move. Snickers was nudging me to put his scarf on too. Since they were in a photo mood decided to shoot all three again.

Day 2 second session I decided to add the chair and the red throw. Again they all wanted to participate. This is rare to have them so eager each time.

Happy Valentine's Day by Cheryl, on Flickr

Quincy Valentine by Cheryl, on Flickr

Oscar Valentine by Cheryl, on Flickr

Snickers Valentine by Cheryl, on Flickr

Quincy by Cheryl, on Flickr

Day 2 between sessions. Pro modelling is hard work :lol:

020722_029SMweb.jpg

Great set. Hope to get some of Phoebe later today's

The photos were taken in 3 sessions that were at the most 15 minutes each which included brushing, scarf and directing them into place. I had my settings dialed in and ready to go. The day before I took test shots with a large stuffed animal. The pups were watching me all week set up and that helps acclimate them to the set. Popped a few balloons accidently and it didn't seem to phase them.

Day 1 took the 3 photos and individual. Snickers and Quincy were groomed the day before and were rested from their 'spa' day. Oscar was groomed that morning and he looked hung over. I decided to retake his on Day 2.

Day 2 I was getting Oscar ready when Quincy jumped on the foot stool and would not move. Snickers was nudging me to put his scarf on too. Since they were in a photo mood decided to shoot all three again.

Day 2 second session I decided to add the chair and the red throw. Again they all wanted to participate. This is rare to have them so eager each time.

Happy Valentine's Day by Cheryl, on Flickr

Quincy Valentine by Cheryl, on Flickr

Oscar Valentine by Cheryl, on Flickr

Snickers Valentine by Cheryl, on Flickr

Quincy by Cheryl, on Flickr
Wonderful shots and great dogs!

Great shots of quite lovely dogs.

So cute! My favorite is the last with the red throw. I love the stuffed animal idea. If I ever get Harlie to sit still for a photo I’ll have to try that for set up!

Adorable dogs and excellent photos. Nicely done. I wish my dogs were so cooperative.
They know the sit and stay command. If they are not in a photo mood then I wait until the next day. I never force them. They equate my camera to treats.

I only wish to have a dog… I miss the company! :uncomfortableness:
Pups are the best company. Sorry you don't have a pup.

Great set. Hope to get some of Phoebe later today's
Post up Phoebe! She is a pro photo pup.

Lovely shots of beautiful dogs.....
Thanks Jeff!

Wonderful shots and great dogs!
Thank you!

Great shots of quite lovely dogs.
Thank you!

They always have such character.
Thanks Dean! They are characters at times ;)

So cute! My favorite is the last with the red throw. I love the stuffed animal idea. If I ever get Harlie to sit still for a photo I’ll have to try that for set up!
The red throw idea was a last minute photo. It makes Quincy pop from the background. They haven't sat on a chair before and did ok. Getting things ready beforehand works for me. The pups don't sit too long and I have to work fast. I started working with the sit and stay with no camera. Adding time each day for them to sit longer. Snickers gets too excited and doesn't sit as long as the other two. They had a week to sniff the set up which helped too. I am surprised the balloons didn't bother them. I was able to move the balloons closer on day 2.

These are fabulous .... your the best dog photographer i have ever seen.....

I think you're thinking of Sadie who passed last year. Phoebe is our recently adopted Brittany. She didn't have the best of life, and is very timid. Cameras and flashing lights are still on her scary list.

Nice set. Wish my dogs would be as cooperative.

They know the sit and stay command. If they are not in a photo mood then I wait until the next day. I never force them. They equate my camera to treats.

Pups are the best company. Sorry you don't have a pup.

Thanks Jeff!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thanks Dean! They are characters at times ;)

The red throw idea was a last minute photo. It makes Quincy pop from the background. They haven't sat on a chair before and did ok. Getting things ready beforehand works for me. The pups don't sit too long and I have to work fast. I started working with the sit and stay with no camera. Adding time each day for them to sit longer. Snickers gets too excited and doesn't sit as long as the other two. They had a week to sniff the set up which helped too. I am surprised the balloons didn't bother them. I was able to move the balloons closer on day 2.
Harlie wouldn’t go near a balloon for all the cheese in Wisconsin. 😂

Most reactions

New Topics

Back