Valentine

bazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Inspired by valentines day and the oppertunity to use my Sigma macro lens, I took this.

May look nice on a card or something..

C&C always wanted, Thanks for looking..

IMG_0951.jpg

It is a nice shot and might make a nice card, like you said. I do feel like it could use a tones adjustment though. This is after quickly decreasing the shadow tones a little bit. You may not like it, but I'm just throwing out an idea.

Rose.jpg

Thanks guys,

I think the shadows adjustment gives the shot a lot more punch, cheers..

I got the same effect altering the colour balance settings..
Could you explain how you done it, I'm new to ps.

Thanks again all.

I think I prefer the original. The softer contrast and tones range lack "punch", but I don't think thats what your usually after when you see an image of a rose/flower.

I got the same effect altering the colour balance settings..
Could you explain how you done it, I'm new to ps.

I've never had the chance to use photoshop, but I think it's called curves on PS. On my cheap program that came with my camera it's just called "tones adjustment". The box that pops up has three sliders (highlights, midtones, shadows). I usually just play around with that until I find what I think gives the picture the tones I like the most.

I think I prefer the original. The softer contrast and tones range lack "punch", but I don't think thats what your usually after when you see an image of a rose/flower.

That's a really point and I think it just comes down to personal preference. I for one would rather see a picture that just punches you in the face than one that's beauty just takes your breath away, but that's just what I like. The shadows in my edit may have been a little overdone though.

I think the problem with flower shots is that we've all taken them. We've all seen them many times. They've become very cliche. Flowers are very beautiful too, so I think the best way to get a noticable flower picture is to get that punch and/or creativity.

Thanks again for your opinions, everyones different.

Looks great on my pc as wallpaper...

Cheers.

Here's my final image I quite like..

moreshadows.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back