Valentines 2021

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been a bit since I've been able to get in studio, went with a little bit of a Retro look on these. We had to search for the dress, but I think it fit well with the theme. The compact she's holding in the last three, belonged to my mother her Great Grandmother when she was in her early 20's which would make it around 80 years old. Sadly the shots with the umbrella didn't work out well, she didn't like it, and she was being a bit of prima donna, so that part of the series got cut short. I don't take creative criticism from a 5yr old. LOL

These weren't heavily edited but I am using a new method of dodging and burning using curves and frequency masks to enhance the micro contrast.

This is a four light set. On the background in all of them is a 7" reflector with magenta gel, on a boom high centered and pointed down. on the first three there was a 42" Octa with grid, camera left as the key, and 2x4 softbox camera left for fill. The kicker was a boomed 7" reflector with 10deg grid, camera right, behind. On the last three the Octa was replaced with a 60" brolly with diffusion, that thing is really making me lazy. Enjoy

#1 - 140mm, f/9.0, 1/200, ISO100
valentines 2021 (14 of 68).jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

#2 - 90mm, f/9.0, 1/200, ISO100
valentines 2021 (27 of 68).jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

#3 - 95mm, f/9.0, 1/200, ISO100
valentines 2021 (30 of 68).jpg by William Raber, on Flickr.

#4 - 108mm, f7.1, 1/200, ISO100
valentines 2021 (49 of 68).jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

#5 - 108mm, f/7.1, 1/200, ISO100
valentines 2021 (62 of 68).jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

#6 - 140mm, f/7.1, 1/200, ISO100
valentines 2021 (66 of 68).jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

So freaking adorable. Well done sir.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Fantastic stuff. Great lighting and compositions. Some of her expressions are just sublime. She'll be a real heartbreaker I think.

VERY nice set. Definitely retro. I LOVE your model's expressions; she has a career there if she wants it. :D

That last sure made me chuckle. Did she have any idea what curlers were? She is quite the character, isn't she? Never a dull moment, I bet :)

@Granddad thank you so much, for the kind words. Im hoping she stays with it.

@Dean_Gretsch Whenever we do a shoot I have a printed shot list for DW and her, with pictures of similar poses. It keeps everyone organized on set, so she had some idea of what was coming, she called them grandma curlers. LOL During the shoot I give her general ques, turn/look up/look down/etc., the type of expression I want, smile/serious/mad/funny/etc. and she takes it from there. She's got a high IQ, quick wit, reasoning ability far advanced for her years, and the vocabulary of a mini adult. You have to stay on your toes around her.

Your amazing staging has progressed from the set to costumes, props and poses, I love it! Lil' bit isn't so lil' any more, but still just as adorable. I think #2 is my favorite, although #6 is definitely a winner in my book, especially as part of a photo story. Nice job!

Thanks @adamhiram wish we were closer, I have some ideas that could really use that handsome lad of yours.

I flubbed up cutting these a little tighter than I would have liked. This was the first time using the 70-200 rather than my usual go to focal length. The feel (weight) is a WHOLE lot different, requiring a different grip than I'm used to.

Great job with the lighting. Super cute photos and I see she has added a few more expressions to her repertoire. Attention to details with the dress, rollers, red nails and bracelet pulls it all in.

Great job with the lighting. Super cute photos and I see she has added a few more expressions to her repertoire. Attention to details with the dress, rollers, red nails and bracelet pulls it all in.

Thanks Cheryl, between all of us being sick at different times (normal winter sniffles) it almost didn't happen.

Amazing photography..such a beautiful little girl with great talent

Real photography right there.

Most reactions

Back