What's new

vangaurd tripod

thebrokeone

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
sugar land, TX
Anyone own a vangaurd tripod I am looking at the alta pro 263at with sbh 250 head. it solid and lots of features, but not much out there yet since they only started tese models a year ago.
 
I have the 250 head and like it very much. I also have a vanguard monopod, and am very happy with their products.
 
I'll probably be getting that same tripod. I did look at the Giottos that KmH recommended and Manfrotto as well. The Vanguard seems to be a better value vs the Manfrotto. Based on what I've seen on line, the Giottos seem a little sturdier built but has a larger price tag. For me I want to keep the price around $200ish and the Vanguards do get nice writeups from users and the on line people reviewing them.

As for the head, I think I'm going with a Smith-Victor head vs the 250 since it has a Arca mount system. If the Vanguard ABH heads weren't so expensive (compared to their SBH heads) I 'd probably go with that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom