Vanguard Tripod - Any Experiences?

ZachOly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm considering a Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT Tripod w/ SBH-250 Ball Head

I can get it at B&H for ~$275 shipped w/ taxes and duty.

I was considering the 190XPROB w/ 498RC2, but it's about $40 more, heavier and is less maneuverable.

Yes, i have used several of their heads including the one your thinking of getting, and i have one of their monopods.

They have been putting some of the "big boys" under the gun with their well made lower cost products.

What is the weight of your equipment, that would help you decide.

I just bought the Alta Pro 263 and it seems nice ... I plan on trying it out this weekend. It certainly seems steady and I even pushed down onto the extended tripod to see if there was any flex and the legs held steady. It was between these legs, the Manfrotto 055 series and even looked at the Giottos MT series legs that someone here on the forum suggested but went with the Vanguard legs since it held enough weight, had flip locks for the legs, came with a rock & carry bags and to save some money. Every review on these legs was very positive so I figured I probably won't go wrong with them. The height without the center column extended is about 52".

I didn't buy the SBH-250 head, I bought a Benro B-3 head though since it is supposed to be 100% Arca compatable but that ball head has gotten very positive reviews as well.

Right now I only have a 550D w/ 18-55, 50mm & 55-250

But I have a grip on the way and I'm thinking about a flash and a 70-200 f/4 IS

Most reactions

New Topics

Back