What's new

Vaping

urahara

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 10, 2013
Messages
159
Reaction score
45
Location
Greece
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

This is my first time experimenting on this kind of photography...(low key is it called?)
Flash behind me to create the silhouette and illuminate the vape. Shutter 8000, F10 and ISO 100.
I increased the clarity in processing and a bit of contrast and vibrance (in the last two).

Any comments on the technique or ideas on how could I've done it better are welcomed.(note: I don't have a 2nd flash unfortunatelly to play around like this)

1.
1407_FoniAway_0364.jpg



2.
1407_FoniAway_0370.jpg



3.
1407_FoniAway_0371.jpg


4.
1407_FoniAway_0377.jpg
 
Cool. I like 2 best but would darken or crop out the whole left side of the head/neck.
 
Hmmm... intresting. I will try it later and see what it looks like.
Thanks for your comment.
 
I like 2 and 4. The silhouette is nice and I agree on trying the crop on the head, could be a really neat shot like that. I also like that you maintained the colors here. I hate when I see these crisp, cool shots and people dull them down to B&W for the "heavy" effect it gives. What did you do to get that blueish tint?
 
It was near to the flash....the only explanation I can give (or maybe some small item nearby the flash??)
It gave the vapor that color and I thought it was I nice little touch on the area
 
Amazing job. My prefer is the second picture because I watch it cleaner and the composition between silhouette and smoke is very harmonious.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom