Various Business Cards?

Ladies, you guys mind reining it in a bit here?

I'm not asking about a designer or what photos to use or where to get the cards. I'm simply interested in knowing whether or not someone has had multiple business cards before, that's all.

Thanks to those who answered up and were able to avoid the pissing matches...

Last edited:
I've been thinking about getting a selection of various business cards.

Right now, my business card has a photo of a guy holding a guitar, taken during a Mesa Boogie product shoot. It's the only business card I have.

I'm toying with the idea of having various cards to hand out, depending on who I'm talking to or the job I'm trying to get. For instance, if I want to shoot a performer's album cover, the card I have is good for that. But if I want to shoot, say, motorsports, my thought is that one of my photos from Daytona would be more appropriate to feature on a card I hand someone than a card with a guy holding a guitar on it. The same if I wanted to do real estate photography, landscapes, etc.

Business cards are pretty inexpensive, and this is something I've been thinking about for a while.

Anyone else do anything like this?
While everyone is arguing the merits of a well designed card, I'll answer this. I have a couple of different 4x6 card designs, each touting a different aspect of my work that I primarily use at art shows or take along to particular places. One has several pieces on one side with my info on the other; the second card promotes my motorcycle and car photography and how I "turn your ride into fine art". I also have the "normal" sized business cards I carry around all the time-those are relatively simple with a camera lens in the center.
The guy holding a guitar might be confusing to people. Are you a musician as well as a photographer would probably cross most minds.
While you might not want to have 4x6 cards, I think you should go with a couple of different designs to hand out as appropriate to the occasion. Places like Uprint.com always have specials where you could get 500 cards for under $30 and I think it's worth the investment.

Thanks!

I'm simply interested in knowing whether or not someone has had multiple business cards before, that's all. Thanks to those who answered up and were able to avoid the pissing matches...
Glad you got the answer you were looking for. Good luck to you.

Most reactions

Back