Vegas wedding

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hoylesphotography.com
Here is a slide show from a wedding I recently shot a wedding in Vegas.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2744669&alb=125308

I am playing with new ways to send slideshows out to customers. I've tried a few different ways in the past but there is always someone that the slideshow will not work for. I'm not sure if I like the Photodex method of distribution. It doesn't seem to run on every PC.

I'd like to get some feedback as to what you guys do to send out video to clients.

I enjoyed this. You did a really good job. Looks like it was a pretty high dollar affair. I shot my first wedding recently and would've loved to have been able to spend as much time w/ my couple as you did, but they weren't into it. Nice work.

I've seen a few Photodex presentations and have been pretty impressed. The same holds true here.

I watched both presentations :) The slideshow presentation covered the entire wedding. I'm sure that for anyone that was there, you captured the moments well.

Mozilla Firefox v.1.5.0.9 would not load the photodex player?
Internet Explorer v.7 loaded without issue?

The funny thing, after I viewed the slides with IE, I was then able to play both via firefox.

Now that that's been said, I love your style! The combination of posed and humerous/candids is balanced very nicely. I've seen some PJ styles that lose some of the moments, because there aren't enough posed/group shots. I think it's good to see the groups of people posed together. And it's good for them as well because that's what they are going to remember.

Being security conscious, I'm not a fan of plugins. I don't even have Javascript on by default. With security becoming more and more an issue, I think going back to basic HTML isn't a bad thing, and you don't have to worry about compatibility. It's not flashy, but I'm not going to install an unknown piece of s/w on my system. I know I'm in the minority, but that's probably why Internet security is in the shambles that it is.

That aside, I've never liked self-run slide shows. Some images I want to just skip past, and others I want to spend time with.

but I'm not going to install an unknown piece of s/w on my system. I know I'm in the minority,

but a very sensible minority.

didn't install it either.

Lots of pictures. Great collection. Can't say I cared for the music selection. Beautifully done. Transitions are handled well.

Rusty Tripod

I can't see it either because I don't have ActiveX and at this point I don't want to download it. :( I too wanted to see the photos.

WOW! Stunning photographs, exceptional presentation.

There did seem to be a few, that, to my untrained eye, were less than perfect.

Some being in what appears to be a bar type scene, after the sandstone shoot. There is alot of Red-Eye in a number of those photos.

I was also suprised to seel the level of blur in the photo's taken from the balcony above the dance floor.

more importantly than me not installing it (along with the others) i wouldn't be pleased as a customer if i had to install somthing to see your product.

while its nice to have it online for everyone it would be better if it wasn't a hastle . . . and some people will find that to be a hastle.

from the TOS :

"Under this agreement, you acknowledge and understand that this Software and associated Software will transmit information used by this Software to Photodex for quality assurance purposes."

nope.....sorry but I would love to see the pics.....

Most reactions

Back