Venezuelan Passion

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Handheld 1/8 sec photo taken at f10 (ISO 1600 - cleaned by NeatImage) during the International Folklore Festival in Scheessel last Saturday night

venezolanischetnzerin.jpg

When I realised that the "normal" shutter speed (at a wide open aperture) of 1/30 would always give me motion blur with these dancers, I tried to make use of the blur and stopped down this much ... what do you say about the outcome?

Edited to add edited version of the photo:

venezolanischetnzerinedit.jpg

Oh my stars! What an unusal idea. At first glance (and a sudden one at that) I thought it was a flower. Then when my eyes settled down I realized it was a lady dancing. Nice job!

You are right, though this is, indeed, the best of the lot, for in this one she did hold her head still enough for those 1/8th of a second to shine through the whoosh of her dress ... she did not in any of the others. So I was quite happy about this one, I must admit.

And if you are curious to see more of her, here is a 1/30-second exposure of her and partner:

venezolanischetnzerinpartner.jpg

And a telephoto portrait shot taken on the show of the following afternoon (Sunday, 22 July)

venezolanischetnzerinamnachmittag.jpg

Have I made you curious to see more pics from the occasion? ;)

Wow...what fantastic work here. Reminds me of a song (Lady in Red)...me singing...Dancing cheek to ckeek...ok I will stop now.

Oh cool :D!

Well, first of all I found out that someone else produced a video clip of the event (mostly so of the parade through the streets of Scheessel early on Sunday afternoon) which can be watched here ... it is a 6 minute-video, as pixelated as uploaded videos have to be, but towards the end you can even see "my" Venezuelan dancer.

This is the videographer at work :)biggrin: --- I took so many photos of the photographers and this one of this videographer during the event :lol: )

matthiastochemowitzbeiderarbeit.jpg

And just to stay with the title of THIS very thread, yet another Venezuelan dancer in midst of her fast dancing, also taken on Saturday night with the available stage lights:

venezolanischetnzeriningelb.jpg

There were many, many different groups and very many pretty girls among the dancers, not only from Venezuela, but also from Romania, Mallorca (Spain), Taiwan (they were children...), Poland, USA (well, those dancers were not quite as young any more) and several German groups, too.

Just in case someone is interested, I might put together a portrait thread.

That is, I think, thanks to the stage lights. I did not add to them. Plus their dresses really ARE very colourful.

That 1st photo is stunning!! but I'd be tempted to clone out that little area of grey on the right hand side

Ah. The loudspeaker.
Yes. You are right. That is much in the way (was even more so in the uncropped version, where the pole on which it was hung is also to be seen). I might think about cloning it out, after all.

And the lady in yellow... eh? Dropped something? Don't you see that all is still there? I thought that was obvious enough! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back