What's new

Venezuelan Passion

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Handheld 1/8 sec photo taken at f10 (ISO 1600 - cleaned by NeatImage) during the International Folklore Festival in Scheessel last Saturday night

venezolanischetnzerin.jpg


When I realised that the "normal" shutter speed (at a wide open aperture) of 1/30 would always give me motion blur with these dancers, I tried to make use of the blur and stopped down this much ... what do you say about the outcome?

Edited to add edited version of the photo:

venezolanischetnzerinedit.jpg
 
Very nice idea. Could only be better if you could see the head properly.
 
Oh my stars! What an unusal idea. At first glance (and a sudden one at that) I thought it was a flower. Then when my eyes settled down I realized it was a lady dancing. Nice job!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
You are right, though this is, indeed, the best of the lot, for in this one she did hold her head still enough for those 1/8th of a second to shine through the whoosh of her dress ... she did not in any of the others. So I was quite happy about this one, I must admit.

And if you are curious to see more of her, here is a 1/30-second exposure of her and partner:

venezolanischetnzerinpartner.jpg


And a telephoto portrait shot taken on the show of the following afternoon (Sunday, 22 July)

venezolanischetnzerinamnachmittag.jpg


Have I made you curious to see more pics from the occasion? ;)
 
Wow...what fantastic work here. Reminds me of a song (Lady in Red)...me singing...Dancing cheek to ckeek...ok I will stop now.
 
LaPhoto said:
Have I made you curious to see more pics from the occasion?

Yes, absolutely.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Oh cool :D!

Well, first of all I found out that someone else produced a video clip of the event (mostly so of the parade through the streets of Scheessel early on Sunday afternoon) which can be watched here ... it is a 6 minute-video, as pixelated as uploaded videos have to be, but towards the end you can even see "my" Venezuelan dancer.

This is the videographer at work (:biggrin: --- I took so many photos of the photographers and this one of this videographer during the event :lol: )

matthiastochemowitzbeiderarbeit.jpg


And just to stay with the title of THIS very thread, yet another Venezuelan dancer in midst of her fast dancing, also taken on Saturday night with the available stage lights:

venezolanischetnzeriningelb.jpg


There were many, many different groups and very many pretty girls among the dancers, not only from Venezuela, but also from Romania, Mallorca (Spain), Taiwan (they were children...), Poland, USA (well, those dancers were not quite as young any more) and several German groups, too.

Just in case someone is interested, I might put together a portrait thread.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #11
That is, I think, thanks to the stage lights. I did not add to them. Plus their dresses really ARE very colourful.
 
That 1st photo is stunning!! but I'd be tempted to clone out that little area of grey on the right hand side
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #14
Ah. The loudspeaker.
Yes. You are right. That is much in the way (was even more so in the uncropped version, where the pole on which it was hung is also to be seen). I might think about cloning it out, after all.

And the lady in yellow... eh? Dropped something? Don't you see that all is still there? I thought that was obvious enough! ;)
 
There is some lovely work here Foto. That first one is just a cracker! Beautiful work.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom