Venice: Gondola and Shadow from my window

The shadow looks like the grim reaper

What can I say. :thumbup::thumbup: Well done.
But you know me :). What is this in the right lower corner ? First I thought is your logo, but no... Do you really need this ?

What can I say. :thumbup::thumbup: Well done.
But you know me :). What is this in the right lower corner ? First I thought is your logo, but no... Do you really need this ?

Thanks! Well I don't know exactly... oil?... :blushing: Strange, I never really take care about this but know you are talking about it...

Might be some foam.

Sad, isn't it ?

nice photo, The white on his face and shirt is a bit strong, if you could bring down the brightness in the whites it would help it.... just my 2cents.

This looks like it was shot on a stage in a theater. I don't know if that's good or bad, it's just the feeling I get from it.

I think I don't really like it. The frame feels out of balance, with all the dead space upper right, and I don't see a good reason for that. The shadow is nice, but it does not jump out at me. To you, the photographer, it's very obvious and interesting because it's what you saw and wanted to photograph. To me, it's a secondary element, and too far subordinated to the bright contrasts of the gondolier himself to really be clear. You might be able to bring the shadow forward and the gondolier down a bit, and that might help. Might not.

This looks like it was shot on a stage in a theater. I don't know if that's good or bad, it's just the feeling I get from it.

I think I don't really like it. The frame feels out of balance, with all the dead space upper right, and I don't see a good reason for that. The shadow is nice, but it does not jump out at me. To you, the photographer, it's very obvious and interesting because it's what you saw and wanted to photograph. To me, it's a secondary element, and too far subordinated to the bright contrasts of the gondolier himself to really be clear. You might be able to bring the shadow forward and the gondolier down a bit, and that might help. Might not.

Thank you for your comment. Yes, it's true, it looks like a little bit like it was shot on stage, maybe the dark background?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back