What's new

Venice: Gondola and Shadow from my window

The shadow looks like the grim reaper
 
What can I say. :thumbup::thumbup: Well done.
But you know me :). What is this in the right lower corner ? First I thought is your logo, but no... Do you really need this ?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
What can I say. :thumbup::thumbup: Well done.
But you know me :). What is this in the right lower corner ? First I thought is your logo, but no... Do you really need this ?

Thanks! Well I don't know exactly... oil?... :blushing: Strange, I never really take care about this but know you are talking about it...
 
Might be some foam.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
Might be some foam.

I have checked the original file: I don't believe... gondolas are romantic but there are many motorboat sailing on Venice canal. Canals are very dirty, some people use them as garbage...
 
Sad, isn't it ?
 
nice photo, The white on his face and shirt is a bit strong, if you could bring down the brightness in the whites it would help it.... just my 2cents.
 
This looks like it was shot on a stage in a theater. I don't know if that's good or bad, it's just the feeling I get from it.

I think I don't really like it. The frame feels out of balance, with all the dead space upper right, and I don't see a good reason for that. The shadow is nice, but it does not jump out at me. To you, the photographer, it's very obvious and interesting because it's what you saw and wanted to photograph. To me, it's a secondary element, and too far subordinated to the bright contrasts of the gondolier himself to really be clear. You might be able to bring the shadow forward and the gondolier down a bit, and that might help. Might not.
 
This looks like it was shot on a stage in a theater. I don't know if that's good or bad, it's just the feeling I get from it.

I think I don't really like it. The frame feels out of balance, with all the dead space upper right, and I don't see a good reason for that. The shadow is nice, but it does not jump out at me. To you, the photographer, it's very obvious and interesting because it's what you saw and wanted to photograph. To me, it's a secondary element, and too far subordinated to the bright contrasts of the gondolier himself to really be clear. You might be able to bring the shadow forward and the gondolier down a bit, and that might help. Might not.

Thank you for your comment. Yes, it's true, it looks like a little bit like it was shot on stage, maybe the dark background?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom