Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
289526410_Vx2yW-L.jpg

Venice is a beautiful city and this photograph captures its moods and feelings perfectly. I especially like the way that water often looks in black & white images, it has this somewhat "oily" consistence, it even looks a bit solid - just like the water looks in your image. It has a very nice composition and the portrait format reflects this really well.
You could have played a bit more with the contrasts, though, for my taste. :)

Sebastian

Did you use a certain lense for this shot? Perspective or something? Looks GREAT!

This looks like it came out of a movie~! Very nice ; )

Roger, that's a gorgeous shot. I'd expect it to be so dark in there.

I like it very much.
I think that this is one of the better uses of IR that I've seen.

Venice is a beautiful city and this photograph captures its moods and feelings perfectly. I especially like the way that water often looks in black & white images, it has this somewhat "oily" consistence, it even looks a bit solid - just like the water looks in your image. It has a very nice composition and the portrait format reflects this really well.
You could have played a bit more with the contrasts, though, for my taste. :)

Sebastian

thanks Sebastion....I also like the dark look of the water, being a fairly ghastly green due to weed in most places IR turns it a nice oily shade lol.

excellent! :thumbup:

thanks Arch!

Did you use a certain lense for this shot? Perspective or something? Looks GREAT!

thanks very much...I use my 17-40L most of the time, with a CPL.

This looks like it came out of a movie~! Very nice ; )

thank you.

Roger, that's a gorgeous shot. I'd expect it to be so dark in there.

thanks a lot, yes some areas are quite dark.

wow, that looks great. Top job :)

thanks very much.

I like it very much.
I think that this is one of the better uses of IR that I've seen.

thank you, the conditions really suited IR.

Roger, the composition is just about perfect and it almost looks like it was shot with a view camera- your lines are so straight and very little distortion. Plus, the image is razor sharp and the IR gives it much more texture I think, than a normal process would have.

This is really an excellent photograph.

Roger, the composition is just about perfect and it almost looks like it was shot with a view camera- your lines are so straight and very little distortion. Plus, the image is razor sharp and the IR gives it much more texture I think, than a normal process would have.

This is really an excellent photograph.

thanks very much Rick....I was lucky with this scene as finding straight edges that match each other in Venice is difficult. Bringing out texture was one of my reasons for choosing IR this time, I was certain the plentiful infrared radiation on the day would produce good results.

very nice - great shot

thanks a lot.

Most reactions

Back