Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Water Wheel near Guildhall Vermont...

waterwheelhor.jpg

Same shot another angle with Covered Bridge in Background

guildhallmill.jpg

Comments or Critique most welcome

Thanks Tom...

These are very nice. The first reminds me of something Bob Ross would paint ("happy little photographs") :). In the second, if you had taken a few steps forward and maybe got the fence down a little more out of the way of the mill (if possible) and lost a little of the grass in the foreground, it might have strengthened the (already strong) composition. Or maybe not! That's a really minor thing anyway. The light is pretty high key in both but I think it works and the overall result is very nice. I think you've probably used a camera before. ;)

Thanks canto!! Can see what your saying on #2 but it was quite a steep little hill, and not much water there... I actually took quite a few of this mill on this shoot... Was a battle with the tree on right, but wanted some of it to frame that side and also balance... but Hey, Thanks for comments and more important, your views!! and yep, been around awhile.lol...camera in hand since 68 " 69 "" ohhhh my. old fellow lol..

I like the first one, the composition is nice. I can almost feel my eyes rolling down the hill and to the water wheel. The second one doesn't really do anything for me, honestly. I feel like I want to see the whole wheel. You have three nice subjects in this shot too, the bridge, the wheel, and the hill with the fence. Too much for me but lots of potential individually. I hope that makes sense!

Eric.

I like the composition and the colors of the first one, but it just doesn't "do it" for me. Both pictures seem very "postcard-y"; nice enough, but a bit formulaic (angle wise), and lacking drama. But what do I know, I photograph sunsets, talk about formulaic!

Again, taking into account that this is not the type of photo I tend to go for, I'd probably get MUCH closer to the mill and take some shots of the textures and colors of the wood of mill itself. It looks like there are some awesome colors and textures there, and a shot contrasting the colors and textures with the smooth water might make for a very nice photograph. Shooting the water wheel (assuming it's working) from an interesting angle with an ND filter and a long exposure might be interesting too.

gmarquez... hey, lol , thanks for the post cardy look, actually thats what there for, and calendar... understand your thoughts though...
thanks... Tom

Beautiful Pictures!
I liked the first picture-very sharp picture with beautiful colors-great frame.
Keep up,
Nir .B.

butterflygirl... Thanks so much for commenting...

nemesh.... Thank you also...

I LOVE shots like these Tom! To me there is nothing wrong with the drama. You captured the look of old wood on buildings and fences wonderfully. I would love to see some more shots of this place with closer perspectives. Excellent color and composition, especially in #2! :thumbup: :)

NJ

NEM, you know me and vermont landscape...i love it!!!

I like the composition and subject in the firstshot...all together its great!!

The second seems to lose value because the fence is "getting in the way" of the shot...i dont have a suggestion on comp for this one, guess id just have to see it for myself, which could be arranged i guess, lol!!

well done!!
garrentee

Garrentee,,, lol I hear ya! its a hard one to find from where I'm at..
Thanks my man!

Most reactions

Back