Vertical battery pack with working shutter release for Nikon D70

JRivero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

I've been hearing that the D70 is not compatible with really any 3rd party grips and thus cannot have a working shutter release on the ones it does work with. If anyone can provide me with some insight, it would be very much appreciated.

Hi there,

I've been hearing that the D70 is not compatible with really any 3rd party grips and thus cannot have a working shutter release on the ones it does work with. If anyone can provide me with some insight, it would be very much appreciated.

You can buy third party grips for the D70(s). There are two types and both have similar problems which always held me off. One type has a cord that runs up to the spot for where you hook an external shutter release (the cable type). The other ones have a piece that runs up and has a little sensor that runs up next to the IR port as if it was a wireless remote release.

The problem is that both of these require you to go into the menu and change the shooting mode (to IR or Cable Shutter release). Once you do that only the grip will work...you'll have to change the menu setting back and forth depending on which way you want to shoot. By the time you do this, you will miss whatever shot you wanted.....compared to just flipping it and taking it like you do now which would let you get the shot.

These are the reasons that I never got a grip when I had my D70s....luckily that problem is solved on any of them past the D70(s) models and my MB-D80 should be here tomorrow for my D90.

Most reactions

Back