(very badly rendered) efke 25

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried to scan with a regular canon scanner, but it was no good. Everything came out dark. So, I had to resort to taking some pictures with my dslr. I used an old 80-200 zoom lens. To get the negs back-lit, I placed a sheet of paper in front of my pc completely white laptop screen, and took some shots. The noise you see in the highlights are probably the paper texture. The negs look much cleaner. I may have missed the focus slightly on the lens as well. The real question is: why am I sharing when these are nothing like the negs are! I wish I had a negative scanner!

These are taken with a Yashica Minister 700 and developed in DD-X 1+7 for 13 minutes with what I'd call "normal" agitation: constantly the first minute then 10 second every minute. The negs came out very nicely, and I'm looking forward to try to print these in the darkroom. On every image, I had to adjust the white point and black point by a levels adjustment.

#1 Old university building

urbygningen by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

#2 Old wooden building. I have lectures here every Friday.

trehuset by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

#3 Train station. I hoped to blur the train, but it slowed down too much!!

togstasjonen by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

#4 Some artsy thing. Sometimes during winter ice forms on the metal, and light shatters off from many angles.

pynt utanfor audmax by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

#5 Old uni employee home on-campus. Today students live there, I think.

huset ved rundkøyringa by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

#6 Experimental field of different fruit trees and vegetables. Building site in the back.

byggjestad veterinær by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

I think I've spent around 5-6 months finishing this film, judging from some of the pictures! I'm a slow shooter, I guess. Luckily my camera is light-tight.

Anyway, not sure why I'm posting this. I guess I've spent too much time trying to get these on my computer to not post :lol:

-Anders

I like the effect...

Minister 700 and EFKE 25. Sharp ! WHO needs digital ?

I, too, like the texture from the paper, but I'm looking forward to see what the negatives truly look like.

Most reactions

Back