Very bored, so I tried this...

Manimillion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.focalspeed.com
I was reading Popular Photography today since we have winter and it sux... Then I tried to try something I came across in the magazine, I hope it turns out the way I wanted it too, or close to it... For those people who have seen the latest issue of Popular Photography, I'm sure this is gonna look familiar to you...

2.jpg

^ A shot of the view thru the viewfinder...

3.jpg

^ Once the frame is scanned on to the computer, this is aproximately what it will look like...

1.jpg

^ My Ghetto setup...

I had to take the pics I posted with a coolpix 3700 since my other digi is lended out to my gf...

I was using an Elan 7, with 100 ISO Konica film, and Canon 75-300mm USM III lens...

I'll post the results once I develop and scan the film.

I'm intrigued by your experiment, but can't really figure out what you're doing, or why?

We don't get Popular Photographer in the UK, AFAIK, so I couldn't look it up!

Digital Matt said:
I don't get it either. All I see is a rather out of focus image.

Out of focus because you can't really focus when you put a camera on an other camera's eye piece and take pics...

Go take a look at popular photography magazine when you have time... You'll understand the outcome...

Manimillion said:
Go take a look at popular photography magazine when you have time... You'll understand the outcome...

Sadly, having had a look in WHSmiths, we don't get this mag in the UK - what's the article about?

R

Were you trying something along the lines of Macro shooting? looks like the 'reverse lens' Macro-shooting style.

Maybe you could try sitting the cup on a glass-top coffee table and sitting a light source underneath. ;)

I don't get it either. You were taking a shot of the viewfinder of a camera? I can understand the need when doing review photographs for articles and such. But I can't see any other reason.

I'm another from the UK so I guess we'll never know...

well i completly got it cause i got that magazine :):) i think what you are trying to do here is take a shot of that piece of orange with some of the bubbles on the bottom of it. kinda like product photography but with fruit. i remember that set up and it looks like you have nailed it. im interested to see the outcome!!

md

Manimillion said:
Out of focus because you can't really focus when you put a camera on an other camera's eye piece and take pics...

Can't you just explain what you are trying to do so I don't have to go and buy the magazine? :p

To all the people who are confused...

I'm trying to do something like this... I hope it turns out as sharp as this one (Which I don't think it will :( )

1436110-0e7f2526cf9f9c8c.jpg

I think what is confusing is that he is taking a picture through the viewfinder just so he can show us what the picture "might" look like, once it is developed. It's merely for immediate feedback, with no technical or artistic purpose.

SLOShooter said:
I think what is confusing is that he is taking a picture through the viewfinder just so he can show us what the picture "might" look like, once it is developed. It's merely for immediate feedback, with no technical or artistic purpose.

Thank you, I just couldn't put it that way... sorry for the confusion

I was confused too, until the final image was posted. I like the result. How did you make the background from red to green? PS?

And was lemonade or soda water used so that you had bubbles?

Most reactions

Back