Very cool....Spider(???) on a flower

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think it's a spider of some sort.
2008-08-08_2web.jpg

Wow that is one weird looking spider. Now you just need a macro lens and hunt him down again.

If you could count 8 legs, then yes. It is a spider of sorts.
Must have been tiny, unless that flower's a lot bigger than I'm thinking just now.
Intense yellow ... was it evening light? Looks warm. And the sharpness on that crawly's spikey little bottom is perfect.

very cool, not a spider, 6 legs and long antenner, lovely spike on its nose, showing it is a predetory assissin bug (much more interesting than most spiders), not sure what speciese, you may find it on bugguide though. Really nice colouring too and a really nice picture.

tim

When I first saw it I was gonna say I don't think it's a spider due to the long antennae, but I see tpe has given a more accurate answer already. Very freaky looking insect! I like the composition, with the vibrant yellow flower against the dark background, and the bug off to the side (and its shadow visible on the petal)

Wow that is one weird looking spider. Now you just need a macro lens and hunt him down again.

This was exactly my thoughts. I need to break down and at least get some extension tubes. A full frame shot of that bug would be really great.

If you could count 8 legs, then yes. It is a spider of sorts.
Must have been tiny, unless that flower's a lot bigger than I'm thinking just now.
Intense yellow ... was it evening light? Looks warm. And the sharpness on that crawly's spikey little bottom is perfect.

He was tiny. Maybe 1/4" to 1/2" long. A fly landed on the flower next to him and the house fly was larger. The light was different this time for me. I used my SB-600 and shot through my new 33" white umbrella. I really like the warmth and soft light that setup seems to give.

very cool, not a spider, 6 legs and long antenner, lovely spike on its nose, showing it is a predetory assissin bug (much more interesting than most spiders), not sure what speciese, you may find it on bugguide though. Really nice colouring too and a really nice picture.

tim

Predatory indeed. When the fly landed on the flower, this bug took off after him and chased him away.

When I first saw it I was gonna say I don't think it's a spider due to the long antennae, but I see tpe has given a more accurate answer already. Very freaky looking insect! I like the composition, with the vibrant yellow flower against the dark background, and the bug off to the side (and its shadow visible on the petal)

Thanks for the comments especially regarding comp. I always strive to get my compositions nice and good to hear that someone liked it.

Very nice shot! Very odd looking spider :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back