What's new

Very Dark Night Shot (Half Dome)

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
1,668
Reaction score
22
Location
California, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went yo Yosemite National Park again this last week. I wanted to try to take another night shot of half dome. I did the same last year and the photo turned out alright. Turns out last year I was lucky to get the MOON to help illuminate. This time I have no such light. IT WAS PITCH BLACK (except for some bathroom lights illumination the trees in the photo). It was a very difficult shot for myself. I had to use the highest ISO available on my 7D to take sample photos to see how much light I had to deal with. I was unsure what else I could do to get a better shot. I didn't want to stay out there all night (long day and it was bed time LOL).

7D with 50mm F/1.4 prime
8 minute exposure, F/1.4 @ ISO 800

Sorry if my editing sucks ;p Still learning...

$halfdome (1 of 1).webp
 
I wish i lived less than 4 hours away...Not bad, kinda freaking cool.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom