What's new

Very Fresh Photographer advices needed ...

Brooklyn_Guy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
North Hollywood
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$155942_307964632651956_749302527_n.webp$198279_307964935985259_240039996_n.webp$215905_307964395985313_528993603_n.webp$262170_307963682652051_917039407_n.webp$390237_307964582651961_333729379_n.webp$390351_307963292652090_264069418_n.webp$483513_307964169318669_1201017033_n.webp$532265_307963059318780_393264785_n.webp$542810_307965279318558_900067983_n.webp$551422_307963485985404_1253306490_n.webp
 
It's really tough to comment on such a large number of images in one post. One or two will get you more in depth critiques. Also, number them so they are easier to comment on.

One of the bigger things I see in several of these is parts of the main subjects are often cropped out and could use a little tweeking to the contrast levels.
 
You really love working the depth of field, I see. For the most part, I like them - mind you on iPhone, so when I check on 'puter later I may have a totally different opinion.
 
You really love working the depth of field, I see. For the most part, I like them - mind you on iPhone, so when I check on 'puter later I may have a totally different opinion.


Interesting observation from thetrue...I looked at your shots for like 2 minutes...what I see is an UNUSUAL USE OF SPACE!!! Your shots are framed in a somewhat loose manner, with perhaps, conventionally "too much space" allocated to the background, or to top space...but perhaps on iPhone, these do look "different"...I am on a 30 inch APple cinema display...kind of the antithesis to the iPhone display....but, back to the compositions...

Your use of space seems a bit, well, unusual...each image feels like it's a picture of the main subject, but with a LOT of compositional space allocated to the BACKGROUND. That is my analysis of your shots...
 
Thanks Darrel, tony and thetrue for the input. but keeping in mind this was the first time
i ever attempted to take camera in my hand and took shots so do you think i will be alright with time?
i mean you know artists should have an eye coz you can always work on the techniques right?
i am a prefessional webdeveloper and graphic designer and photography is something i always wanted to do
so here i am finally showing all of you my work ;)
 
Last edited:
It's difficult to judge photographic merit with images of so obviously interesting subjects. If an image looks cool, e.g., there is then the issue of determining if the coolness is simply about what was photographed rather than how it was photographed. This comment applies mainly to the photos of already made pieces of art created by other artists.
 
For me the photos top right and bottom left are the best but i also agree with others that the framing could be better.

Is it just me or are most of the frames tilted to the left, ie the horizon is not level?
 
One thing for sure... there is a good artist in you... so correct and proceed :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom