Very light night shots. Long exposures for C&C

Thanks again Derrel for that lengthy expose, I really found it interesting, useful and informative. Where is the "like" button on the post?
I will try and incorporate these ideas in my future photography.

Hi Derrel,
Just to get a better idea, I've cropped these photos. Any better, if this is how I would have framed them up front? I realize they are still missing a foreground object to ground them, but as far as cutting out the extra. Plus, would you feel that the reflections, are a good enough "foreground object?

$Fort Lauderdale beach at night - cropped.jpg

$Lighthouse at night  - overlooking inlet Fort Lauderdale - cropped - portrait.jpg

3$Lighthouse at night  - overlooking inlet Fort Lauderdale - 2 - cropped - portrait.jpg

$Lighthouse at night - Bay in Fort Lauderdale - cropped.jpg

$Houses at night over the water - Bay in Fort Lauderdale - cropped.jpg

Oh heavens YES! Like the first shot..that Ft. lauderdale beach at night...now I can see that interesting rock formation on the beach! And the second photo, the lighthouse, and its "guiding light", reaching across the surface of the water! YES! By removing so much extraneous scenery, you have increased the visual reward for me, a mere "viewer"...there is now more "meat on the bones"...there is now more "cake on the plate"...more "gas in the tank" in these newly-cropped images! I think each and every image shown is better in its cropped form. THere is just so much bigger, and clearer, a visual "payoff" when the extra black areas are eliminated, and the lighted areas are physically increased in size in the images you show to us!

Oh heavens YES! Like the first shot..that Ft. lauderdale beach at night...now I can see that interesting rock formation on the beach! And the second photo, the lighthouse, and its "guiding light", reaching across the surface of the water! YES! By removing so much extraneous scenery, you have increased the visual reward for me, a mere "viewer"...there is now more "meat on the bones"...there is now more "cake on the plate"...more "gas in the tank" in these newly-cropped images! I think each and every image shown is better in its cropped form. THere is just so much bigger, and clearer, a visual "payoff" when the extra black areas are eliminated, and the lighted areas are physically increased in size in the images you show to us!

Thanks Derrel,

Really appreciate the help and the info.
I'll most certainly keep my eyes open for these things things in the future.

How do I "like" your post.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Derrel,

How do I "like" your post.[/QUOTE]

The blue slider at the bottom of your screen, slide it to the right >> then you will find the "like", in line with the bottom of "their" post.

Most reactions

Back