Very old photos of BONN (attn. LittleMan)!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since LittleMan has never really come up with his photos from BONN after his trip to Germany (Bonn and Frankfurt on the Oder) in June, I decided to undig my ancient old pics, scan them, fix them up (!!!) - being photos from the late 70's, they were quite, quite orange :roll: - and present them here.

This square will be all unknown to LittleMan, since I was told they changed it all shortly after I had moved from Bonn to Berlin in 1980. But this is where I lived from 1978 - 80:

Friedensplatz_2.jpg

Friedensplatz_1.jpg

My student dig was in the house that is squeezed between the two with blue balconies, can you see it? (It reads "WIRZ KG")

AmHofUniversitt.jpg

HofgartenUniversitt.jpg

The main university building from front and back (which once was a castle - it shows, doesn't it?)

HofgartenUniversitt2.jpg

Different angle, still the university, though.

EnglischesSeminar.jpg

The English Seminar - this is where I spent my first two years reading English in Uni... oh, all this is soooooooo long ago!

KoblenzerTor.jpg

Koblenz Gate, which forms part of the former-castle-now-university

ReginaPacis.jpg

A detail of the university building: the Regina Pacis, Queen of Peace

MarktplatzRathaus.jpg

The market square with the pink (!) - here unfortunately overexposed and hence not showing any colour :( - old Town Hall.

MnsterplatzPost.jpg

Münster Square with the Main Post Office Building and the statue of Beethoven (who was born in Bonn)

Beethoven-Denkmal.jpg

Another view of Münster Square and the Beethoven statue

BonnerMnster.jpg

And the "Münster" (cathedral) of Bonn - you can see that this print was actually torn... :(

Blumenmarkt.jpg

The Flower Market and the Coffee House

PoppelsdorferAlleeSchloss.jpg

A telephoto lens photo of Poppelsdorf Castle at the end of Poppelsdorf Avenue --- and while I thought I had taken all these with my little Rollei35, which was the camera I had at the time, this one makes me wonder cause the Rollei35 did not have a zoom lens. With which camera could these photos have been taken :scratch:???

Hey, Raymond, a reply while I was still preparing part 2 of my pictures from Bonn.

Well, I would think it is a 5-hour drive from where we now live. And it must have CHANGED A LOT in the past 28 years (which is how old these photos are!).

wow!
Thanks LaFoto!
I just posted all of the Bonn architectural photos I took...

The city has changed a lot since you were there... I can tell just by the difference in photos... It is much more crowded now, harder to get good pictures of the whole buildings.

I remember now that we couldn't go see the university because of some complications. :er: Now I wish we had! :lol:

Well, thanks again!

-Chris

Most reactions

New Topics

Back