Very Tiny Caterpillar

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This guy was so small that I honestly didn't even him until I reviewed some random shots of a stick I took. Only got one good shot before he curled up on me.

p240006931-4.jpg

Oh, and I am loving this 1:1 stuff...and handheld is not as hard with 180mm 1:1 as I thought it would be.

Ohh lucky! but I think its a millipede/centipede or something akin to those spcies rather than a caterpiller (esp with the rolling up) And yah rolling up and going mad to get back under things is something they do a lot - makes shooting them tricky - you got better than me (best I've got is a side of one as it scurries away)

Ohh lucky! but I think its a millipede/centipede or something akin to those spcies rather than a caterpiller (esp with the rolling up) And yah rolling up and going mad to get back under things is something they do a lot - makes shooting them tricky - you got better than me (best I've got is a side of one as it scurries away)

Crap. It's a millipede and I knew that....even said millipede in my head as I apparently typed caterpillar. Thanks for your comments.

Very nice!! Ive been on the insect hunt and Im striking out. Macro is so addicting! How close where you with the 180mm at 1:1? With my 100mm I would have been about 6 inches or so.

Very nice!! Ive been on the insect hunt and Im striking out. Macro is so addicting! How close where you with the 180mm at 1:1? With my 100mm I would have been about 6 inches or so.

Thanks. I'd say I was roughly 12" away from the front of my lens to the millipede. Seems like minimum focus distance from the end of my lens to subject is about 12-14".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back