Vicki H

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another Facebook profile shot - I seem to get a lot of these bookings ( studio) using 2 x Lencarta studio strobes- wireless trigger - Sony a7Riv and Sony 70-200mm f2.8 G lens

BV0oloZ.jpg

Les :)

The shot looks good but her expression - a little apprehension?

The pose looks really forced. If I were her I wouldn't want to use that photo for my Facebook profile. Technically the photograph is ok.

I suppose if she's happy with it then job done. I find it a pleasant enough photograph.

The shot looks good but her expression - a little apprehension?
She was a very nervous subject - I had little control over her emotions, sorry :)
The pose looks really forced. If I were her I wouldn't want to use that photo for my Facebook profile. Technically the photograph is ok.
Thank you as above I had no control over that part :)
I suppose if she's happy with it then job done. I find it a pleasant enough photograph.
She was happy enough- I got paid - good result :) :)

Hi Lez, I took the image into Portrait Pro (just as a personal challenge as you don't permit editing) and was able to soften the expression just a little to take it out of the "Does that thing shoot real bullets?" league. I narrowed her eyes by a tiny fraction, softened the expression in the mouth and lips and then took it into my trusty old Photoshop CS6. In CS6 I cloned out the 2nd catchlight (lower left) in each eye and I think it worked. I didn't mess with anything else because, as others have said, you got the photography end absolutely spot on. I won't share without specific permission but it's doable and took about 10 to 15 minutes max.
I understand about difficult clients. I had one similar who still stands out in my memory. A pretty young lady but despite my best efforts I could not get her to relax.

Great lighting and processing. I like the expression, but as others have indicated there's a slight disconnect in the pose. I'm assuming the arm position with the tattoo held some significance for her, but the body and arm positioning as a whole appear forced. IMO bringing the left arm up and across the body under the right slightly hugging herself, letting the left shoulder drop some, would appear more natural.

It's a nice shot. Wow! Ppl really paying for FB profile pix... that's good for you, though, so rock on!
Most think they are v[potentially Models- who am I to squash their Dreams mate - Not this lady though- I actually ended up shooting her Wedding too

Les :)

Most reactions

Back