VIDEO: Its Official! Nikon's new DL premium compact cameras!

At the end of the day, it still just a 1" sensor. I still think the Sony RX100 III/IV are still kind of the hill when it comes to advanced 1" sensor compact cameras. They are small, perfect companion for the average photographer.

I'd rather spend $550 on a used RX100 III instead of $800 or more for the DL 24-85 with the external viewfinder.

Though, I'm still debating about getting a Fuji X100s over the Sony...but because Lightroom processes the X-Trans sensors poorly, I'd have to use a separate raw converter...elongating the process haha. But I've heard its worth it.

does it really?
i think the people saying that LR doesnt process fuji files very well are still thinking about LR a few years ago when fuji first introduced the x-trans sensor. Ive shot a number of pictures (most recently the bunnies) in raw and did 100% of the processing in LR CC with no issues what-so-ever with the editing OR the exporting to jpeg. LR seems to do a pretty bang-up jop with fuji raw files.

Well using the raw converter for my Fuji X20 files have made a HUGE difference, even with the latest version of Lightroom CC. It was night and day almost. My X100 files are fine because the first X100 didn't have a X-Trans sensor.

I suppose...
im pleased with whats coming out of LR when I export as it is. I certainly cant imagine, looking at the bunny pic for instance, that going back and using a separate raw converter would make any significant difference.

At the end of the day, it still just a 1" sensor. I still think the Sony RX100 III/IV are still kind of the hill when it comes to advanced 1" sensor compact cameras. They are small, perfect companion for the average photographer.

I'd rather spend $550 on a used RX100 III instead of $800 or more for the DL 24-85 with the external viewfinder.

Though, I'm still debating about getting a Fuji X100s over the Sony...but because Lightroom processes the X-Trans sensors poorly, I'd have to use a separate raw converter...elongating the process haha. But I've heard its worth it.

does it really?
i think the people saying that LR doesnt process fuji files very well are still thinking about LR a few years ago when fuji first introduced the x-trans sensor. Ive shot a number of pictures (most recently the bunnies) in raw and did 100% of the processing in LR CC with no issues what-so-ever with the editing OR the exporting to jpeg. LR seems to do a pretty bang-up jop with fuji raw files.

Well using the raw converter for my Fuji X20 files have made a HUGE difference, even with the latest version of Lightroom CC. It was night and day almost. My X100 files are fine because the first X100 didn't have a X-Trans sensor.

I suppose...
im pleased with whats coming out of LR when I export as it is. I certainly cant imagine, looking at the bunny pic for instance, that going back and using a separate raw converter would make any significant difference.

I'll probably end up getting the RX100 M3 anyways just because it does better video.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back