donny1963

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now i have tested video recording using 4k 60p
using both All-I and Long GOP basically All-I at 400 MB/s Vs
Long GOP at 100 MB/s Now

I looked at the color 10 bit vs 8 Bit as well, And i really don't see a difference in video quality or sharpness at 400 MB/s both with my camera and my external Recording my NINJA V .
So i really can't justify going ALL-I at 400 MB/s first off it takes a ton more media space for the video and using my Ninja V using Prores HQ which takes up even more space Not to mention videos at 400 MB/s is demanding on your computer muscle ,

meaning you really need a very fast Computer with a Good CUDA meaning a fast video card like the Nvidia 2080 RTX or Nvidia GTX 1080, Or else you will not be able to preview your video in Adobe Premier PRO CC in real time with out making a Proxy.
Now the computer problem is not an issue i got an I9 With a Nvidia 2080 RTX with 8GB of memory on the the graphics card and 256 GB of memory on the motherboard.
I don't seem to have a problem with 400 MB/s video on that system but when i edit on my other system that is only an I7 with a Nvidia 1050 GTX i can not play 400 MB/s video at 4k 60fps in real time it skips like crazy and lags.

But all this talk about ALL-I at 400 MB/s Video h.265 10 bit, i really don't see the advantage of using that setting especially at the cost of the media space and rendering time in adobe premier pro meaning how much longer it takes to export my video.
It's really stupid if you ask me because doing it both ways i don't see the difference in quality to justify this at all.

Now if they was a huge difference in sharpness or quality like you get shooting 4K vs 1080p then hey yeah i would do it, but that doesn't exist..
Not sure what all you guys record at but let me tell you there really not visual advantage,
i don't see anything great about 10-bit vs 8-bit or 400 MB/s VS 100 MB/s

Most reactions

New Topics

Back