Vienna

hourglass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for looking, I'd appreciate any comment on these shots.

Please note: clicking on the image will take you to flickr.

Nice shots, they could use a little light, contrast, and color processing to make them pop more.

I too think they need contrast. I also think their missing a subject. I understand they are landscapes but, theres no detail. The buildings are too far away. The sky is just blue, no clouds, no birds...Honestly they look like they were taken with a Camera Phone.... I dont intend to sound mean, Just my opinion...

I too think they need contrast. I also think their missing a subject. I understand they are landscapes but, theres no detail. The buildings are too far away. The sky is just blue, no clouds, no birds...Honestly they look like they were taken with a Camera Phone.... I dont intend to sound mean, Just my opinion...

They could use a little cropping. With landscapes its a little harder to do the rule of thirds since there is no subject but the entire landscape. In this case I might use the line of the horizon as my subject and balance that in the center of the picture or over a rule of thirds line.

Thank you two for your replies and suggestions.

Nice shots, they could use a little light, contrast, and color processing to make them pop more.

Honestly they look like they were taken with a Camera Phone.... I dont intend to sound mean, Just my opinion...
D'oh! So much for my RAW processing skills. I'm always worried of overdoing it and then again... argh!

I also think their missing a subject. I understand they are landscapes but, theres no detail.
Yeah... Especially in the first picture, something like, say, a sailing boat in the lower right corner would have been great. I just didn't happen to have one with me. ;-)

They could use a little cropping. With landscapes its a little harder to do the rule of thirds since there is no subject but the entire landscape. In this case I might use the line of the horizon as my subject and balance that in the center of the picture or over a rule of thirds line.
Thanks, I should have thought of that; I'll definitely give it a try.

Most reactions

Back