What's new

View cameras in the field.

Grandpa Ron

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 9, 2018
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
760
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a 4x5 view camera, seven film holders, two lenses, a light meter and notebook. These all fit very nicely into an old leather shoulder pouch. I also carry a tripod.

The total weight is about 15 lbs. Not a tremendous load and I have rigged and old back pack frame to carry it. To date I have been able to work off the tailgate of my truck but this winter I am thinking about hiking some of the trails at the local park.

Obviously I cannot lay the stuff out on the tail gate, so my question is, how do others handle their equipment while on foot in the field.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NGH
I saw on one of the forums some guy converted a golf cart bought cheap at a yard sale to carry his equipment bag and tripod. Since it has big wheels, just made for trail use. He removed the cart bag and added some wooden supports to tie his equipment too. I wish I remembered what site I saw it on.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom